Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Beware of pickpocketing. It's annoying.

After being stranded in Barcelona with no money or ID after having my wallet stolen (by my own people) I learned the following:

The whole bureaucracy thing is not so annoying, except that the Romanian consulate will charge you 65 Eur for a document that you can only travel to Romania with and Barcelona airport staff is convinced that you need a residence permit and an immigration office number to stay in Ireland (EU anybody?).

Mossos D'Esquadra (Catalan Police) 5 stars, Romanian Consulate 4 stars, Aer Lingus minus 10 stars, Barcelona airport people minus 100 stars, Dublin friends 20 stars, Catalan friends' families 100000000000 stars.

Dear fellow thieving citizens thank you for offering me 3 more days on the beach. I hope you choke on my 20 quid.

Posted via email from cakeinmyear's posterous

No comments: